Monday, June 12, 2006

der Kinder Garden

With its really cool sign, this preschool was next to the Roadium for as long as I can remember. For the last few years the building has sat unoccupied, until this week that is. Every time I drove past this place I wanted to take a picture because I loved its 60's (I'm assuming) architecture.


But this is how it looked this past week. And now it is completely rubble, and will soon be gone. I don't know what will happen to the property, but I hope that it doesn't become ugly town homes. I'd rather it become more parking for the Roadium.


This section of the building was still standing when I took this photograph (obviously), but this too is rubble now. Check out the cool angles on those support columns.

Check out more pictures from this set here.

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is now a parking lot, more parking for the roadium...