Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Skylark Lounge- Bakersfield

During my brief trip through Bakersfield I came across a few places I had not expected. As I was stopped at an intersection, I saw this Nightclub place surrounded by fencing. The sign here, seems a little 80's to me, but I have no idea when it was made. Bakersfield was such an interesting city. A mix of old and new made it pretty unique, and the oil fields a quite a sight to see!


This is the building. I don't know if it is being remodeled, or demolished. There are cars in the parking lot, but that gives me no information. Heck, maybe it's supposed to have a fence around it for all I know. What struck me about this place was the cool lettering on the building. I bet it's older than the 80's sign. Anyway, if I had more time, I would have tried to get pictures of all the cool buildings in Bakersfield. I don't have the opportunity to get up there very often.

No comments: