Saturday, March 03, 2007

Movieland- Modern Love

Here's a nice and dark picture of silent film star turned talkie star Charley Chase waving to all the excited guests of Movieland Wax Museum. He's seen here in the 1929 motion picture Modern Love. Chase shares the set with the far more famous Buster Keaton, but the little amount of detail and time given to Charley doesn't seem to bother him much. He just keeps on waving and smiling.


A flash shot of Mr. Chase shows a little more detail than the precious picture (with all of its mood lighting) does.


His figure sure kinda looks like a rat. That was the first thing that stuck out to me.


Yes, Charley did star in many Hal Roach pictures. The Charley Chase figure sold at the Movieland auction for $650, more than $3000 less than the Buster Keaton figure did.

Find more information on Charley Chase here.

See more wax museum photographs at Houses of Wax here.

Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Bob, I wanted to let you know that there's a Movieland wax museum sign at the corner of Norwalk and Artesia Blvd. in Cerritos. It's of the metal, stop sign variety, and it's right in front of the 7-11 on the south eastern corner. I just finished reading Huckleberry Finn so the Mark Twain post was a nice coincidence.

B said...

How cool. What on earth is it doing over there? If I am ever in the area, (which I never am) I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

It's near my dad's house. If you'd like, I can catch a pic the next time I'm over there, maybe this weekend or next.