Thursday, March 29, 2007

Turn of the Century- Theodore Roosevelt

The Old Towne Mall, beginning in 1973, had a small wax museum featuring several scenes from history and entertainment. I posted this picture on my wax museum blog, but since Turn of the Century Wax Museum is part of Old Towne history, I though some people might want to see it here. Theodore Roosevelt was our 26th President, and served from 1901-1909. He assumed the presidency when Mckinley was assassinated. I like the big smile on the wax figure.

Tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I didn't know there was a wax museum in Old Towne...where was it?

B said...

I really don't know. It was long gone by the time I was old enough to remember. It may have closed before I was even born. I know it opened in November of 1973. Other than that I have no information. If it weren't for eBay, I wouldn't even have these pictures.