Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sequoia National Park

I will be heading off on Thursday to Sequoia National Park, so no new posts until at least Monday. Here are a couple pictures of vintage park fun. The place here, called "tunnel Rock", had a bypass that one could take if he did not want to brave driving under the rock. Now nobody can drive through the tunnel as that part of the road has been blocked off and people are forced to use the bypass. The road has been expanded, and it is actually easy to miss the rock if you're not looking for it.


I wasn't sure if this attraction, "Tunnel Tree", was still around, because I had not seen it on my previous trips. However, this year we plan on going to Moro Rock, which this tree is supposed to be on the way to. Hopefully I will be able to take some comparison shots to these pictures and other old postcards I have of Sequoia.

Visit the official Sequoia National Park website here.

Tags:

No comments: