Saturday, April 21, 2007

Redondo Beach Cinema's Neighbors

I'm not posting more about the cinema. However, the movie theater shares a building with a couple other businesses. I liked the style of the sign for the optometrist and dentist. Simple, yet classic. It's a style you just don't see much of anymore. I miss the glass and steel of mid century modern.


Here's a view from inside the walkway. We can see the backs of the signs, which are not as interesting as the faces. Demolition was going on at the former bowling alley site, as seen in the background of the photo.

The Redondo Beach Cinema 3 is located at 1509 Hawthorne Blvd, Redondo Beach Ca. Next to the former Zodys building (Now Ralphs).

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zody's yeah! How about some posts on that one?!! I once bought the world's worst Raiders of the Lost Ark on a 45 record there...it wasn't even Harrison Ford's voice.

B said...

Thanks for the comment. I actually have something on Zodys that I'm gonna post, but it's nothing big.