Friday, September 15, 2006

Mom's Motel

Today's focus is back on the cool signage on the 99. Mom's Motel is another instance of the abandoned signs for places long deserted. There are several great examples along this stretch of highway, and some of the best signs have no building left for which they advertise.


I wonder what will happen if I keep following the arrow. I suppose I'll end up on someone's farm. There is vacancy, so I might spend the night. Actually, my two favorite elements of a good sign are stars and arrows. This sign has them both. A sign like this is designed to attract people to the business, and many places today do not utilize this concept. Maybe it does not work any more, maybe business owners are not bold enough to invest their time and money in something they don't think is important.


Tags:

No comments: