Monday, May 07, 2007

Chester Plumming and Supply

Chester is a great little old logging town in Northern California. It borders Lake Almanor, which is near Mount Lassen. Although most stores in this area are gift shops, the classic old town feel is alive and well in the old buildings along the main street. This building is the Plumming and Supply store which has some nice old signage and design. The services that this business provides betrays the needs of the town, and is very different than the suburbs of Los Angeles where I live.


I don't know what I was thinking when I took this picture, as the beginning and end of the sign are cut off. Oh yeah, I couldn't get further out into the street without getting run over by a truck. Although Chester is a small town, the main street was quite busy.


A close up of the broken neon sign. It's little details like this that most of our contemporary architecture is missing.

Learn more about Lake Almanor here.
And here.


Tags:

No comments: