Saturday, August 12, 2006

Huntington Library

One of the great treasures of Southern California is the Huntington Library. Housing many priceless works of art and literature, the library is much more that a museum. It is a research facility and botanical garden that rivals even the Getty Center. The library building here has been featured in movies and commercials for some time.


Here is a close up of two statues that guard the entrance of the main library building. Other buildings include the former residence and an art gallery which houses such paintings as Pinkie and Blue Boy. So many priceless artifacts grace the Library that it is impossible for them to display them all at one time. I went a few years ago, and I can't believe I only took four pictures!


View the Huntington Library's website here.

Tags:

1 comment:

JP said...

I've just visited your blog for the first time, I'm pretty sure I will be back.

Jorge

Alcochete

Portugal